I often get asked by mutual friends if they could help find a spouse for someone. For a long time, I’ve avoided being a matchmaker because it seems to be a very time consuming and rather harrowing process. However, given the great need within our community, I’ve recently started to exploring setting up a free matrimonial service but can’t figure out how to structure it.
The following questions come to mind and I’d appreciate your feedback:
- How do we create an effective matrimonial process?
- Whats the best way to help people find good matches in a way that is free, secure, and successful?
- Is it online or offline?
- Is it through biodatas or personal meetings?
- Should couples meet first or go through their families?
- Do matchmakers help the most likely to have a successful match or help out the people having the most difficulty in finding a match?
- Is the setting for meetings the Masjid or a restaurant?
- Any additional advice for matchmakers?