“Is there something wrong with being Muslim in this country? The answer is no, that’s not America.”
– General Colin Powell –
MY FELLOW AMERICAN
National Campaign to Share the Untold Stories of Muslims in America
62% of Americans have never met a Muslim.
Do you know a Muslim? Share your story through Youtube.
JOIN OUR FAN PAGE
HOW IT WORKS
Record a brief video about a Muslim American that you would like to share with the rest of America. Videos can be funny, heartfelt, or serious but above all else, they should be genuine.
Once you’ve uploaded your video, send us the link via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “My Fellow American”.
STORIES CAN BE ABOUT
Here are some ideas for stories, but feel free to come up with your own:
- A Muslim that you know personally.
- A wedding, road trip, studying for an exam, attending a concert, overcoming a difficulty together, or other event that stands out for you.
- A Muslim that you don’t know personally.
- A kind deed, generous gesture, or friendly exchange with a stranger who happened to be Muslim, which made an impression on you.
- A Muslim that you never met.
- An athlete, entertainer, politician, soldier, health care professional, academic, who inspired you.
Please sit directly in front of the camera/webcam and make sure to look into it when you speak.
Please make sure to record your video in a quiet setting. Keep machinery and walking traffic in mind when recording. Also, remember to speak clearly and loud enough so that the camera picks up the audio.
Try to have light shine on your face from behind the camera. Natural lighting is superior to artificial letting. The best time of the day to use natural lighting is one hour before sunset. Avoid recording at night or in the dark room.
In order to upload your video, you must have a valid YouTube account. If you don’t have an account, sign up at www.youtube.com.
Deadline for all story submissions is Friday April 22th at 11:59pm.
HAVE A GREAT STORY BUT NO CAMERA?
If you have a great story but don’t have a camera to record it, the first 30 stories will qualify to receive a free flip cam courtesy of UPF. (www.theflip.com). For more information, send us an e-mail at email@example.com with the word “FREE FLIP CAM” in the subject heading.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER!
Help spread the word, if you want to join our team of volunteers, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information or join our google group http://groups.google.com/group/myfellowamerican.
HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
- Visit www.myfellowamerican.tv and sign up for alerts.
- Encourage your friends and family to join our fan page: http://www.facebook.com/MyFellowAmericanProject
This campaign is being spearheaded by Unity Productions Foundation (http://www.upf.tv/), a nonprofit foundation that works to create peace through the media.